Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year’s Resolution: 50 books



 It’s New Year, and that means resolutions.

I know that the whole concept of New Year's Resolutions has become increasingly unpopular.  They don't work, they just make everyone put everything off until January 1st, etc.  However, I remain surprisingly optimistic about them.  January 1st always seems so shiny and new and full of promise, and I really like the idea of having a fresh start. This year I’ve decided to do the fifty books challenge. 

Just like any challenge, it has to have rules.

Rules

1. Read 50 books (insert sarcastic remark here)

1.  Plays, collections of poetry and books of short stories all count, so long as they are at least 90 pages long, not counting any introductions or footnotes.

2. Re-reads don’t count

3. Both fiction and non-fiction works count

I think that it would be ridiculously optimistic of me to suggest that I was also going to write a post on each of these books, but I’m going to start a new page with a list of all of the books I’ve read and a rating.

Happy New Year!