Friday, September 5, 2014

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril IX

Artwork by Abigail Larson
Sometimes you don't know that you want something until you find out that it exists.  Did I know that I wanted to participate in a challenge all about reading mystery, suspense, thrillers, dark fantasy, gothic fiction, horror, supernatural fiction and anything vaguely related to these genres? Not really.  However, the internet has shown its wonderful side, and has made me aware of just such a challenge.

R.eaders I.mibing P.eril is a reading challenge started by the blog Stainless Steel Droppings.  There are a few separate challenges involved, and I will be participating in Peril the Third. This requires you to read just one book that fulfills the genre requirements - anything that sends chills up your spine goes. The book I've chosen to read is Weaveworld by Clive Barker. I'm not really sure what to expect from it, but I'm excited to get started. What about you? Are you going to be reading along?